Thursday, February 21, 2013

Shouting into the Abyss



"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you".
Friedrich NietzscheBeyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146


Sometimes I like to wax existential. It is a bad habit and one I have tried to break, but you know how bad habits can be.

But that is a post for another time.

I struggle a lot with my blogging because sometimes I feel like I am shouting into a void. That my words, no matter their potency, fall not on deaf ears, but no ears at all. It can be really daunting to type anything out when that Dread rears its head and stares at you from the blank white Abyss of an empty page.

It can feel the same way with my normal writing as well.

But like the quote above, each of us who stands before this Abyss is not actually looking at an empty page, we are looking in ourselves to find something to fill it with. It is something that when we shout into it, something eventually shouts back. This is one of the only things that keeps my fingers moving as they hammer the keyboard in the hopes of telling someone something.

So keep shouting Internet, I think its working.

No comments: